Installing via The WordPress Admin Dashboard
Step 1: Login to your WordPress admin panel and navigate to Appearance → Themes
Step 2: Click Add New button at the top of the page, then the Upload Theme button on the next page.
Step 3: Select bavarian-theme.zip included in the files downloaded from Themeforest and click Install Now.
Final Step: Once the file is uploaded and installed, click Activate
Notice: Do NOT install the main zip file your Downloaded from Themeforest. Unzip the main zip file, and then locate the file with “bavarian-theme.zip” name on it. Use that file for theme installation.
Troubleshooting Possible Errors
If you encounter the message “Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again.” or “The link you followed has expired” when attempting to install, this is most likely occurring because your server has a low maximum file size upload/low maximum execution time set in the PHP settings. You must increase the following PHP settings to be greater than 24M (Any reputable hosting company will assist you with this quickly & hassle free):
- upload_max_filesize – greater than 24M
- post_max_size – greater than 24M
- max_execution_time – greater than 100
or you can upload the theme through FTP instead to bypass this all together.
Uploading through FTP
- Step 1. Uncompress the bavarian-theme.zip file from your ThemeForest download onto your computer
- Step 2. upload the extracted bavarian folder to /wp-content/themes/ on your server
- Follow step 3 from the Using The WordPress Admin Dashboard from above